So now that 2013 is thoroughly finished, let us look back at it quickly…
2013, the year that…
- I had more students than I ever thought possible. 45 at a point. Now of you take into consideration that it is individual lessons…
- Traveled to Namibia for a wedding just outside Windhoek and extended our stay by visiting the in-laws and taking a trip to Swakopmund.
- We did the Moneywise course and learnt quite a bit about finances. (Pretty useful things if I might add.)
- Started blogging properly for the first time, for a while. (Took quite a dip during the last two months of the year.) I must also say that the blog posts helped a lot with looking back at the year!
- I set a lot of Weekly Wishes this year.
- Started attending pilates classes for the first time, and still going strong!
- We went hiking in the stunning Cathedral Peak area of the Drakensberg.
- We realised that we have completely grown out of our one bedroom garden flat and started to look for a bigger place to live.
- We learnt a lot about buying a house. Decided to still rent for a while longer and found the perfect (hopefully) place to move into.
- Celebrating our two year anniversary!
- Started practising a lot of piano again. (Probably why my blogging took a dip during the last two months.)
- Discovered the fun and easy boardgame Carcassonne.
- Cooked my first ever leg of lamb, and it was so delicious I had to do it again for our Christmas lunch!
- Set a Goodreads goal to read 38 books this year… And finished it in time! I must admit that there was a point close to the end where I thought I was going to fail, but i made it!
I remember waking up on the 31st of December and thinking that I am not yet ready to let go of 2013. As if the year in some way wasn't complete yet. It was a weird feeling. But, luckily, by the evening I was full on ready to tackle 2014.
So here's to 2013 and all that it had in store.